Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and includes your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Browsing our website and emailing an enquiry
We do not collect personal information about you if you simply browse our website or read information on it. When you visit our website we do collect general technical information about your visit so that we can get a better understanding of how people are using our site. However, this information does not include any identifiable information about you.
If you email an enquiry to us or register your details to receive further information we will use your information:
- for the purposes for which you supplied it; and
- for dealing with any legal or commercial conflicts.
If you engage us to provide legal and related services to you we will collect personal information from you. We will not be able to begin work for you until you have provided us with required information.
We will use your personal information:
- for dealing with any legal or commercial conflicts;
- to carry out “customer due diligence” if required by law;
- to act on your behalf in relation to all matters necessary or incidental to your engagement of us;
- for sending to you TGT Legal publications and invitations to seminars;
- for any purpose specified in our terms of engagement; and
- for any other purpose you may authorise.
We will only disclose personal information about you if:
- that is one of the purposes for which you gave us the information; or
- it is required or authorised by you; or
- it is required or authorised by law or rules applicable to the legal profession by which we are bound.
You may choose to pay your invoice using Fee Funders. Any personal information collected by Fee Funders as part of this payment option is subject to Fee Funders'
Rights of Access and Correction
Under the Privacy Act 1993, individuals have rights of access to and correction of their personal information. If you have any queries about this policy or requests concerning your personal information, please contact the Firm’s Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 09 920 8689.