Areas of practice include:
- Advising and opining on legal issues relating to trusts, the administration of trusts, resettlement and variation of trusts, estate planning, estates and wills.
- Establishing private family trusts, charitable trusts, incorporated societies and other organisations.
- Advising on the legal aspects of the investment of trust funds and generally on trustees' prudential duties.
- Preparing and advising on relationship property agreements and issues.
- Advising on matrimonial and relationship property disputes.
- Advising on planning opportunities upon immigration into New Zealand and emigration from New Zealand.
- Advising on the use of New Zealand trusts in international tax planning.
- Establishing trustee operations in New Zealand in the context of international tax planning.
- Advising and guiding families on succession issues and developing strategies to address such issues.
- Advising and assisting trustees and beneficiaries in relation to the variation of trust instruments including applications to the Court.
- Advising and assisting investment advisors and investment brokers in relation to their legal obligations.
- Advising and assisting clients (including Trustee Companies) on a broad range of issues involving the interpretation of trust deeds, duties of trustees and the management and administration of trusts.
- Advising on family protection and testamentary promises claims.
- Co-author of New Zealand chapter in International Succession Laws, Bloomsbury Professional.